Sunday, September 14, 2008

I Got Inked


Yes, I have a tattoo. (Seven actually, for those who are keeping count.) My first and favorite, is the one I have on my left arm that reads CCCABAMM Legacy of Love. A lady sitting next to me on a recent flight asked me if still loved this guy (referring to my tattoo). While I thought to myself, who the hell would name their kid CCCABAMM, I explained to her that it referred to all my nieces and nephews. She thought that was sweet. And so did my mom, after the inital 24 hours of denial that her daughter actually got a tattoo.

My other tats include:
• A Scottish flag and thistle (honoring my Mother and her heritage) on my shoulder;
• A custom designed 7-7 box with Love Never Fails (honoring the 10 year anniversary of when my Grandma died);
• An ankle bracelet that says Charity of Heart on one side and Grace in All Things on the other;
• A horseshoe and dove on my lower back (Marshall's name means "keeper of the horses" and Callum's name means "dove");
• A Celtic sisterhood knot and the words "near or apart, always in the heart" on my wrist honoring my two sisters who I love more than words could really say;
• And most recently a tiny, thin bracelet with the words "etre ici" (French for "be here") on my wrist...that one is a reminder to me, that even during incredible stress, focus on the moment and cherish the time you are given.

While I know the kids will never, ever get tattoos, I kindly remind them that I was 30 years old before I got my first tattoo. And, if they even consider getting one before then, they'll be in serious trouble! :)

No comments: