Thursday, July 9, 2009


For those of you who have not been caught up to date, things have been a little chaotic in my life over the past six weeks. June 1st marked a day I'll never forget. I found a lump. After multiple mammograms, biopsies and tests, it was determined I had breast cancer in both breasts. Two weeks ago yesterday, I underwent surgery for a double lumpectomy. I will undergo radiation and drug therapy and hopefully will become a long time breast cancer survivor.

The photo here is of my wonderful family of friends with whom I work. They each wore a pink-ribbon HOPE shirt on my surgery day. I have been humbled, blessed and extremely fortunate to have so many wonderful friends and family members who have showered me with love and support during this struggle. I met some wonderful people through this unfortunate event, but their presence in my life is now a blessing. I could not have made it through surgery and recovery if not for my incredible family and friends. So, thank you.

I encourage every woman to get regular mammograms. I'm only 34 years old and have bi-lateral breast cancer. It really CAN happen to anyone. Don't wait! And.... support finding a cure for breast cancer!

No comments: