Wednesday, March 24, 2010

My Nephews Have Longer Hair Than I Do!



With chemo treatment behind me and my immune system hopefully improved, I traveled to Utah to visit three of my nephews for the first time since Thanksgiving. Now, it might not seem like that's a long time ago, but for this aunt, who usually travels to see them about every six weeks, well, it's been WAY too long! How I have missed them! They didn't seem to mind my bald head, though it took them a few seconds to truly see that I was the same aunt. My happy place is when I have the kids around me...as you can see from the photos. They LOVED the Mac's Photo Booth, where we could take lots of silly pictures of ourselves. I tucked Carson into bed and had to sing him songs (certain songs that included: the Smurfberry crunch song as I call it or the Toy Prince song as he calls it, though it's actually a classic piece; Jingle Bells, Santa Claus is coming to town, some church songs, and Edelweiss). I kid you not. Those are his usual nightly songs. So I sang them as best I could, with all the love in my heart for him. But frankly, I can't stand the sound of my own singing voice!

No comments: