Thursday, July 22, 2010

My happy place ...


So while I hate photos of myself, I feel inclined to post this one. In June, I spent a week in Utah with both my sisters and five of my eight nieces and nephews. What a joyous week it was for me ... I was surrounded by the loves of my life. Granted, having that many people (kids) in one house and having just finished my chemotherapy a few months before and surgery just one month before, I tend to still get tired quite easily and often. I would use any opportunity to catch 40-winks. So, here I sat, just trying to nap quietly, when out of nowhere I start seeing flashes of light. My sister, Cheryl, had the camera pointed at me and I couldn't figure out why she'd want a photo of me napping. Until I saw and felt my sweet four year old nephew, Carson, curled up next to me. Yeah, I was in my happy place.

No comments: