Sunday, September 19, 2010

Reason to celebrate!


I turned 36 years old this morning. And while I don't like the attention my birthday brings, this year, I am happy to celebrate. Happy to celebrate being alive and having beat cancer...being alive to see the loves of my life (my 8 nieces and nephews) grow each day...being with my friends and their kids who love me...being a part of the lives of my friends and knowing that I can make a difference in their lives...being able to enjoy the simple joys in life that so many of us often take for granted (food, shelter, warmth, security)...being able to feel the love of my sisters and my mom each day as I hear their voices on the phone...being able to walk in the survivor lap of the Relay for Life next to a great friend and co-survivor...being able to celebrate another birthday. Truly, so many reasons to celebrate. Every day is someone's birthday...celebrate 'em all!

2 comments:

Tiffany Johnson said...

Hope it was a wonderful day, and hoping for an even better next year!

Cheri said...

Thanks, Tiffany! So nice to see you here on the blog. Hope all is well with you and your family! Much love to you!