Monday, August 12, 2013

Summer Fun

Fall is here ... almost. It's still 90 plus degrees out during the day, but the evenings are now cooled with the hint of a Delta breeze. The leaves are changing colors already, there are pre-season NFL games on television and my favorite Starbucks baristas have promised me that pumpkin spice will be making its return within a few short weeks. I am giddy!

Giddiness is brought out in me in only a few ways ... fall, hanging with a select group of my wacky friends, and being with my family. I was blessed to share five days recently in Utah with my family. Pure joy for me ... my happy place with all 8 kids, my sisters, and my mom all together. 

With niece Avery at my Aunt Marion's & Uncle Jim's cabin in Fairview, Utah

My happy place ... between my sisters!

Six of the eight kids (Andrew & Mitchell were at EFY) with me.

I made sure to steal a moment with all eight of the kids the night before we all left.

The handsome man behind us (left) is our grandfather, Cy Greaves!

Second cousins, Avery and Norah, having fun.


No comments: