Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas in Heaven - Recap of 2014

2014 has changed my life as much as any year ever has! It's been a very busy, eventful year (as perhaps is evident by the fact that since last year's Holiday posting, I've only posted one other blog entry in 2014). Most of us are able to keep in touch throughout the year with social media. I'm much better at posting current happenings on FB than I am getting around to posting a blog entry. But for those of you not up to speed on all the happenings of 2014, here's a quick recap.


Spring 2014 - Nephew Carson Guy turned eight years old. I was so honored to be there for his baptism.

Carson Guy with Auntie - Baptism Day

Papa & Nana with Carson on Baptism Day

Marshall, Charlie & Cheryl


Later in Spring - Took an incredible two-week trip to Wales, England and Scotland. Highlight of my year ... every year!

 

June - Eldest nephew, Andrew, graduated from Billings West High School and there was nowhere else I'd be than there to support him.



Later in June - I'll never forget the phone call from Cheryl. Mom had found Dad unresponsive and they were taking him to the hospital. The second call, only minutes later, brought the news I never anticipated having to hear. My father had died. He passed away quickly and quite unexpectedly on June 14th, the night before Father's Day. 


Throughout the Year - Participating in and supporting breast cancer awareness events is a passion of mine. This year, as I celebrated the 5-year survival mark, I was fortunate to participate in several events with my warrior sisters and friends. (The Walk on for Gina Marie Dayton in February (San Diego) is always a special event for me. I don't know how or why I got to make it to five years, Gina, but I carry your spirit with me every moment of every day. Forever my DH.)


 
Fall - Visited the kids in Phoenix for Thanksgiving and the kids in Montana earlier that month. Random moments ... priceless!




I focused my Christmas card greeting this year on the idea of Christmas in Heaven (in honor of Dad). I'm sure Dad's having an extraordinary and glorious time where he is, for now, we have to remember that heaven is here on Earth. To me, heaven is time and memories with our family and friends. Heaven is the simple, everyday moments that warm our hearts and make us feel like we're helping others. Heaven is surrounding yourself with positivity, joy, happiness and inspiring the same in others. Heaven is knowing you are loved beyond measure unconditionally and offering that same love to all you meet. 

My family is my heaven ... Merry Christmas!


Mom, Cheryl, Caren, Cherí - Gathered to Remember Gary

No comments: