Monday, October 11, 2010

14 years ... and not a minute has passed!





The last time I visited Portland, Oregon was in 1996 for my best friend's wedding. Well, it only took me 14 years, but I finally made it back to Portland for a visit.

Marnie and I met in 1994 while attending college in Utah. We became inseparable and did everything together for two years. I knew immediately I was blessed to have her in my life as she made me laugh and try new things (like an all day horse-back, cattle herding adventure in the middle of nowhere Idaho). See the picture of us above right taken in Fairview, Utah for just how young we looked! We spent a month together in San Diego before I got married and had a wonderful time. Marnie married Thane, a neighbor and friend from our college apartment complex and while I never thought anyone would be good enough for Marnie, Thane came pretty darn close. He and Marnie have a wonderful family of four young children, whom I already adore and claim as nieces and nephews.

So this weekend, on my first visit back to Portland since their wedding, I had an incredible time reconnecting with my friend. We watched movies, toured Portland, went for a trail hike, had pizza, watched football, visited with her horses, played with the kids, experienced VooDoo donuts (it's a Portland thing), made mint-chip ice cream (our fav). And while it had been 14 years since my last visit, being reconnected with my friend felt like not a minute had passed. Love you, Mo. (And Thane. And Ethan. And Emma. And Braxton. And Lydia. And Domino. And, well, maybe even the frog, too!)

No comments: