Sunday, October 17, 2010

Apple Hill 2010



Two months ago, my friend Ann-Christel and I finally found a weekend to put on the calendar as our Apple Hill weekend in Sacramento. She and the kids (Aubrey and Brayden) drove to Sac and we spent Friday afternoon at The Grace Foundation visiting the horses and animals. The kids had a great time! Went out to dinner, then baths and bedtime. First thing Brayden said in the morning was, "Where's Cheri?!"

Saturday morning we headed to Apple Hill and boy did we have fun. I loved seeing the expression on the kids' faces as they picked apples, checked out the pumpkins, rode the horse, tried to scare me in the hay maze, rolling down the grass hill, eating their candy apples, etc.

The time flew by much too quickly and my heart was a little sad as I said goodbye to my friends as they headed home. But as I look over the photos from our time together, I see that the kids were smiling and happy and having a terrific time. And while I may have failed in other areas of my life, I know this much. I've made a positive difference in the lives of some very special children and that is one of my happiest thoughts.

No comments: