Thursday, November 4, 2010

Love

I spent the Halloween weekend in Montana visiting my sister and the kids. We tried to get a decent photo of the five kids together, but as you can see from the photo, it's impossible to get five kids to all smile and look in the same direction at the same time. Oh well. One of my favorite things was capturing this moment with Avery and the pumpkin she had carved for me. I love her sweet expression here, not only on her face, but her expression of love for her aunt with the ribbon carved into the pumpkin.


I know life hands each of us challenges each day and sometimes it's easier to get absorbed in our own troubles and trials. But I have to wonder, no, I have to testify to you, that if we step outside our own trials even for just a moment, and focus our attention on showing love to someone else, we will be enormously blessed. Focus your heart on someone else...and watch how the love warms your heart.

No comments: