Thursday, February 23, 2012

One of the Reasons I Fight!

This is my niece, Avery Cait. She is ten years old and has the heart of an angel. She took my cancer diagnosis in 2009 very hard. She is happy now that I am in remission and reminds me to eat fruits, vegetables and lots of antioxidants. She wears a pink bracelet in my honor and for the past couple years, she has carved ribbons into pumpkins in the fall. She is growing up so quickly and I hate that part of her youth had to include her aunt getting cancer. But, she has taught me so much through this experience. She is full of love, hope and compassion. I fight on against this terrible disease called breast cancer because I do not ever want her life to be touched by it in any way, shape or form. I love you, Avery Cait and am so proud to be your aunt!

No comments: