Tuesday, July 17, 2012

My heart's joy ...


Spent another weekend in Phoenix visiting Cheryl and the boys. Fortunately, the heat decided to take a small break, and instead of the anticipated 113 degrees, it was merely 100 degrees. We enjoyed pool time, cuddle time, dinner at In & Out Burger (Carson had two burgers!), went out for ice cream, entertained friends, and just had a fabulous weekend being together. It's always difficult to leave them and sometimes I really question why I don't just live closer to them so I could see them every day. It was a little easier this time, simply because I know I'll see them in ten days or so in San Diego. Carson, however, wasn't able to use this knowledge to comfort himself upon my departure. Cheryl told me later that he had run to the door in hopes of getting to say goodbye (at 5:30am!) and missed us. She found him in his room, on the floor, head in his heads, sobbing and sobbing. He said, "I didn't get to say goodbye!" Oh man, this aunt's heart is officially broken. I'll make it up to you, Carcar. San Diego ... we will have SO much fun! I love you boys so very much. You are my happiness and my reason for existing.

No comments: