Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Phoenix Fun!

I was fortunate to be able to spend this past weekend in Phoenix with my sister (Cheryl) and her family (husband Kyle and boys Marshall, Carson and Charlie). Marshall recently turned eight years old and was going to be baptized. I am 5-5 thus far in attending niece/nephew baptisms... three more to go and I WILL make sure I'm in attendance for them all!

Hardest part about these visits is the goodbye, especially to Carson. At six years old, he is the most attached to me of any of the eight kids. He cries and cries when I leave and I fear this isn't going to be getting any easier as time goes on. In fact, it seems to be getting more difficult for him, and therefore, for me! I woke him at 4:45am to say goodbye (as I had promised to do). I gave him my special pink bracelet so he'd have me close. I thought he'd be okay, but come to find out from my sister a few hours later, Carson was sobbing at 5am saying how much he missed me. (Can you hear my heart shattering?)

I will see them all soon in San Diego for Thanksgiving and that excitement is getting me through the days. Looking forward to some hugs, pictures, beach and great memories!

Tried to get a decent photo of the boys and me ... hmmm.

Perhaps my favorite all time photo...how I adore that Carson!

Can't believe Marshall is old enough to do this! Such a stud at 8!

Sweet Charlie ... he insists the bike is "wed" (red) and not pink. (Truth: it's a pink hand me down bike. Sorry Charlie!)

No comments: